Warning: Declaration of action_plugin_mediarename::register(&$controller) should be compatible with DokuWiki_Action_Plugin::register(Doku_Event_Handler $controller) in /homepages/38/d223964156/htdocs/edwardaverill.com/lib/plugins/mediarename/action.php on line 116

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/38/d223964156/htdocs/edwardaverill.com/lib/plugins/mediarename/action.php:116) in /homepages/38/d223964156/htdocs/edwardaverill.com/inc/auth.php on line 542

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/38/d223964156/htdocs/edwardaverill.com/lib/plugins/mediarename/action.php:116) in /homepages/38/d223964156/htdocs/edwardaverill.com/inc/actions.php on line 217
user:eqc_meeting [Ed's Blog]

EQC and DOE Context Information

Meeting of the Environmental Quality Commission (of Oregon)

Happened on March 21 and 22.

Jump to March 22 page

Page for: Thursday, March 22, 2018: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018: 12:30 to 5 p.m., evening town hall 5 to 6:30 p.m.

All times are approximate and subject to change

Working lunch and executive session 12:30 p.m.

​Commissioners, DEQ staff and Oregon Department of Justice staff will meet for an executive session over a working lunch. This executive session is held under the authority of ORS 192.660(2)(h).

Item A, Action item: Meeting minutes 1:45 p.m.

Commissioners will take action on the proposed draft minutes from recent EQC meetings.

Item B, Informational item: Cleaner Air Oregon 1:50 p.m.

DEQ will present an update on the development of draft rules for Cleaner Air Oregon, including potential process updates or other adjustments based on the outcomes of the 2018 Legislative Session.

Item C, Informational item: Legislative updates 2:45 p.m.

DEQ will present updates on the outcomes of the 2018 Legislative Session, including bills or other actions related to DEQ's work.

* *Item D, Action item: Agency Request Budget development update and draft Legislative Concepts for 2019 Session 3:15 p.m.

DEQ will present an update on the development of the Agency Request Budget for 2019-21. DEQ will also present a draft list of Legislative Concepts for commission review and approval. The draft Concepts, if approved, would be developed as possible bills in the 2019 Legislative Session.

  ​* *Public comment opportunity: Following the staff presentation, and prior to taking action on the draft Concepts, the commission will accept public comment specific to this item. People who wish to present comment on this item must sign up, and a form for the sign-ups will be available the day of the meeting. There is no comment by telephone for this item.

Item E, Evening town hall​ 5 p.m.

The commission will hold a town hall session to hear from the public on environmental issues. The town hall is a time for informal conversation with the commission; however, the town hall is not recorded, and is not a formal comment opportunity.

​First section

Second section (Times Thanks to Melanie Plaut)

00 - Richard Whitman, head of DEQ, answering Ka'ila Farrel-Smith's (Native artist at PSU) questions about Jordan Cove (she is wearing green hat).

1:30 Deborah Romerein (SFGPDX) on Jordan Cove, and framing, offers her slide show presentation to DEQ

7:20 Wade Mosby, EQC commissioner on Ruby Connector Pipeline going through his property

10:20 More Jordan Cove: Time-line of 401/404 permits and input - ?male and Wesley Allen (FFR team)

13:00 Jesse (SFGPDX) More Jordan Cove: questions assumptions about seismic tsunami issues

14:50 Ed Averill (FFR team) pointing out that Jordan Cove has almost as large CO2e carbon footprint as Oregon has

17:30 Dan Roth (FFR team) Also about Jordan Cove: asking how much latitude DEQ has.

Third section

6:30 p.m. - The commission will recess until 9 a.m., Thursday, March 22, 2018.

Commissioners and staff may attend an informal self-pay dinner on Wednesday evening. No commission business will be conducted at the dinner.

Thursday, March 22, 2018: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

user/eqc_meeting.txt · Last modified: 2018/04/04 20:03 by eda